Need an Oak Door and a Price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would seem that most of the joiners in my area aren't interested in making an oak door for me let alone giving me a price, firstly I would like a price or a reckoning on a price. Looking for Ledged and Braced or Ledged and Battened oak door "external" with vertical panels it will be 2'9" by 6'8" and treated please. I have had a reckoning of around £600 to make. Does anybody out there have any idea on this one, because frankly I don't, or even better, someone that can give me a price and make it for me? Cheers

Sponsored Links
£600 is cheap for a one off . I've made them for £600 before + materials but that was an order of 6 with 6 more to come .

I think £600 is expensive for a ledged & braced or battened door, its only a few lengths of bead board with a few more screwed to the back. I can buy the oak boards already T&G and Beaded for about £100 a door max.

If it were an oak FL&B or paneled door then the price would be more realistic

Jason

Sponsored Links
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ledged and braced :rolleyes: I need to read the questions eh .
Why would you want a ledged and braced door , thats a gate .

I was working in in a 400 year old cottage yesterday, front door was a ledged door not even any braces, doubt that you would be able to replace it with anything different on a listed property.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back