Need help with alarm options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, I am looking to get Texecom alarm with the following components below.
Premier Elite 24-W Wireless Control Panel
Premier LCDP LCD keypad,- with built in proximity tag.
Premier Elite ComGSM
Premier Elite ComIP

I am not sure about what sensors to with as I have cat and he can set the sensors up.
Is the any other options to use instead motion sensors.
Another question i have can i link the ip camera to this system and what extra component i need for it. thank you

Sponsored Links
No to ip camera and fit optex rx40 pt detectors as I've fitted loads , trouble free with A cat,more than one I would go with the Bosch tritech duel tec

Thank you. Seems they are wired can you recomend any wireless sensors. do different make of sensors will communicate with Texecom ricochet panel.

You can't mix wireless kit from different manufactures.

Decent wireless pet-friendly detectors are hard to come by.

I would recommend the same two wired detectors. Make sure that you follow the manufacturer's mounting instructions.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advise. If there is no cat friendly wireless sensors that means I need to get different control panel (wired) or maybe whole new system all together. Maybe there is system that can be linked with ip cameras. Thanks

Texecom have wireless pet friendly sensors

the 12W kit comes with 2 compact wireless pet sensors I believe

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/4519/texecom-premier-elite-12-w-complete-kit-geh-0006

How many zones do you need?
You can still use com-ip and gsm modules on the 12W and it has 2 areas and a max of 16 zones can be added.

2 hardwired zones for each keypad
4 zones on the panel
and 8 wireless zones
(should be 16W? but there you go)

I am guessing your cat has free run of the house, the placing of the sensors is critical to get the best out of pet sensors.

Thank you for you suggestions.
Regarding the zones its a 2 bed house. How many zone you would recommend?

I have decided to go with Premier Elite 24-W panel and ADT external bell box.
Can someone please tell me what cabe do i need to use for it and how to wire to ADT yellow external box with the battery back up. Diagram would be helphul If need I can post photo of the ADT box connections.Thank you for any help.

Can someone please tell me what cabe do i need to use for it and how to wire to ADT yellow external box with the battery back up. Diagram would be helphul If need I can post photo of the ADT box connections.Thank you for any help.
Ask ADT, I'm sure they would be happy to advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back