Need help with putting up curtain pole please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a new curtain pole for my new house. The pole is to be fitted onto a wooden baton which is 1cm thick, with solid concrete wall behind it. However, the screws that came with the pole are 3cm long. Therefore they will be 1cm into the wood and 2cm into the solid wall.

Could someone please advise me what the best way to do this would be? A friend suggested drilling a very small pilot hole through the wood and into the concrete, 3cm deep. The thinking of this pilot hole is to allow the screw to be screwed into the concrete. Would this work?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have you already put the batten up or was it like that before?

1cm is a very thin batten

What weight are the curtains?

The baton was already there before I moved in. The wood seems quite strong. Its maybe a shade over 1cm. I've not bought the curtains yet, just wanted the pole up. It says on the curtain pole packaging that the max load is 5kg.

Sponsored Links
Throw the screws supplied and buy screws to same length as timber thickness then use them to secure to baton. If the fixings have several holes make sure you use them all if possible for best fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back