need to move flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help!!

I have a Potterton Suprima 50 (yes I know they're rubbish!!). I'm biulding an extention and the flue is directly in the way of the new brick work. I haven't enough room to go up but I have thought of a way that might work and I wonder if anyone could give me an opinion on whether it would work.

According to the manual you can have a total flue length of 3.4 meters with 1 meter equalling a 90 degree turn and 0.5 = 135 degree turn.

I've worked out if I turn the connector going out of the boiler 90 degrees I could then have a 20 cm straight followed by a 90 degree turn angled at 45 degrees up then have another straight length of 60 cm followed by a 135 degree turn followed by a vertical flue kit which would be high enough to clear my new extention roof by the required 30 cm. This comes to the maximum 3.4 meters.

I hope that makes sense!!

Will it work???

Any advice greatfully recieved - the alternative is to pay £1500.00 for a new condensing boiler located in a different part of the house which as well as the expense will make a huge mess!!

Help!

Sponsored Links
The difference being that Paul is CORGI registered and trained to calculate and fit the flue whereas the householder is presumably not trained ( as he has to ask ) and may not be competent.

Some boiler manufacturers will not allow a vertical flue to start in the smaller diameter and be increased to the larger vertical flue size. There may not even be an adapter from the 100 mm to 125 mm ( or similar ).

These ideas are not always that straightforward.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back