Need to move rising water main in kitchen ~25mm....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In redesigning our new kitchen layout, after much deliberation, we had settled for a layout. Only to find that the rising main would be exactly on the join between the new sink carcass and the integrated dishwasher. Looking at it, it would appear that I have the space to chase a small channel out of the floor and 'bend' it into the sink carcass with perhaps a small cutout in the bottom. Does this seem feasible? I cannot gauge how flexible this pipe is as it's still attached to the copper pipework above. Anything i should be careful of ?

I'm due to confirm with the kitchen place soon and it would need a complete redesign if it's a no-go. I don't want to order it as is and find it impossible later...

Thanks for your help !

Chris

this is what i mean...
1c7e7956-1ce2-425c-8587-5eb9d337be38.jpg

then i can dress the stopcock etc back to vertical against the inside of the cabinet and the dishwasher would cover the hole in the floor in any case.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back