NEFF BUILT UNDER DOUBLE OVEN INSTALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi some advice please.
Have purchased new NEFF double under oven.
Loads as follows oven full of 4kw, Hob (existing) 6.2kw so I understand 10.2kw equals about 44amps?
Currently both the hob and the old oven are wired in 6mm cable to a 30A fuse via a cooker wall mounted switch with additional socket (3 pin)
I understand that 'diversity' may be applied - what is it? Is this ok going forward ?
Should I upgrade the wiring and fuse, switch ?

Sponsored Links
Is this domestic only?

If so 10amps +30% Rated full load of cooking appliances in excess of 10 amps plus 5 amps if a socket is incorporated.

I don't like diversity rules myself and would use a cable that meets maximum demand for the Christmas dinner scenario - everything being "used" at the same time.

How far is the cable run? What installation method is used? Is it grouped with other cables?

Hi,

thanks for response, cable is not grouped with others and is only max of 1.5m from appliances (oven and hob) to switch and thereafter 1m from switch to fuse etc.(all in 6mm)

Installation methods simply from my inspection surface mounted behind oven and low level cabinets to dist board (sorry if not what you needed)

And yes only for domestic use

Sorry being obtuse perhaps but could you better describe the 10amps plus 30% etc do I undersand this means - full load of 44amps minus 10amps then take 30% of remaining etc ?

Sponsored Links
Diversity:
10A +[ (44 - 10) x 30%] = 20.2A
Then add a further 5A if there is a 13A socket on your CCU.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back