Neff oven/microwave error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Neff oven/microwave B6774.OGB is showing the error message "E10 MW fault" I've just fitted a new inner glass panel a simple job, Surely this can't of caused the fault?[wiki][/wiki]

Sponsored Links
Hi there, I had the same problem and eventually found a posting regarding this saying that it may be the internal fuse, I ordered a couple from Neff spare parts, removed the top off the microwave, don't forget to switch off at the mains!!, located the fuse, replaced it and hey presto its now up and running!

Part number 029469, total cost £6.85 for 2.

Please do not attempt this if you are at all unsure about working with electrical items but at least you know what you will be charged £70.00 by an Engineer.

The 70 pounds you save on a service engineer should get you a really nice wreath.....
And switching off at the mains won't help you much if you stick your fingers in the wrong place & get zapped by a fully charged HV capacitor.
Microwaves are potential killers....enter at your own risk. Following amateur advice can cost you dearly :eek:

Zipper you are of course absolutely correct and no one should attempt any DIY that they feel in any way is beyond their knowledge. Just to clarify your comment regarding amateur advice, I am in fact a qualified electrician and my post was to let others know what the likely cause of the error code is and then it is their choice on how to proceed.

Sponsored Links
Hi,Thanks for your help, shame it's too late. After addmiting defeat I tried 2 local repair firms who didn't have a clue, so phoned neff. The guy fitted a new magnatron, said it had a hairline crack in it and a very large control box. Put it all back together - same error code. He then said oh!forgot to replace the fuse, that did the trick. £168. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back