NEFF V5360XOGB/03 Washing Machine Smoking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Hope someone can help me out the missus was doing a wash last night when we could smell a burning rubber smell coming from kitchen, the machine was on it's spin cycle and we could see white smoke coming from the detergent dispenser.

What could be the cause of this? (Bearings, Belt or somekind of rubber seal rubbing somewhere?) It's about 6yrs old and not had any issues before, worth repairing or better off getting a new one?

Right off down launderette now to get the smoke outta our clothes.
Cheers,
Jim

Sponsored Links
I could be a few things. I would start by taking off the back panel & have a look at the drive belt to see if it was out of position or catching anything. It would also pay to check the drum bearings with the belt removed. Through the door opening try lifting the drum by hand to see if there is any up/down slack, then spin it by hand & listen for grinding sounds and make sure it isn't sticking. If everything looks ok check the motor brushes for wear & signs of bad arcing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back