Neighbours bay window replaced not supported and dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a semi, the front windows are curved bays that come out from the front of the house. My neighbour who is the other part of my semi had there bay windows replaced, it was 'a much cheapness' job and they didnt support the bays correctly, net result for my neighbours were the bays dropped and the tops of the bays where they meet the house came away and caused them leaks etc. I only found after it had happened and they have now had the bay windows replaced correctly.

From a visual on the ground inspection I cannot see any damage to my property, though I have not been in the loft yet, (I only found out about the problems today). I don't know how the bays are constructed in a semi like mine and wondered if there is anything shared between the properties in terms of structure of the bay (a beam etc) and therefore what is the likely hood that there dropped bays would of damaged my property ?

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back