New Alarm - Can I go part wired/part wireless?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Want to get a new alarm for the house. Currently have 4 hardwired sensors, with a hardwired bell.

I would like to add an extra sensor but wondered if any modern systems are able to be hardwired for the most but add a wireless sensor?

Sponsored Links
Yes, panels that support both hardwired and wireless are called hybrid panels. Texecom, Galaxy and others support this.

You can also get bolt-on wireless receivers with dedicated sensors that wire into a standard zone, but they are not as good, as they're not integrated, so diagnostic type information is not passed to the panel CPU.

Yes you can. Also, you used to be able to get single wireless PIRs with a matching receiver that you could connect to any standard wired zone - Visonic used to do them. I don't know if they still do...

We'd use a Scantronic i-ON30 with a radio expander for this kind of installation but others may recommend something else.

Thanks for the information guys.

I'll take a look tomorrow at some options. I only need the one wireless PIR.

Sponsored Links
what control panel do you have at the moment you may be able to add to that rather than replace it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back