New boiler installation

Sorry didn't realise cost was such a voodoo area here, but then again £1,200 for a job than won't even take a full day I'm not surprised!! I'm at half that cost a self employed gas fitter would quite easily cover all there over heads and make a comfortable proffit if they were to do a job like this per day!!

A perfect summary of why it's such a voodoo.

Sponsored Links
you most likly will get an gas fitter for £600- but am not coming all that way! that is why i put an extra 600 on so i could stay in a nice hotel for 2 nights!

good luck tho £500 to 600 in my view is fair

Yes it seems a nice little earner. And the reason many aren't interested is because the same cynicism that sees all RGI's as rip-off merchants will rear it's ugly head when the combi packs up (and it will).

Suddenly all that bit about 'I can do all the job and supply everything myself, just need someone to sweat the final coupling' will be cast aside as the RGI gets a call to fix 'his installation'.

Gospel (learnt the hard way) according to Tibbot - Yet to be proven wrong.

Amen Tibbot.

Ignore WWJD - What Would Jesus Do?

It's WWTD - What Would Tibbot Do?

or WWBS - What Would BENCHMARK SAY? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i went to the shops the other day, bought some tuna, some cucumber, some lettuce and tomatoes, took it to the cafe down the road and asked them to make my sandwich, they kindly told me to f^*k off.

think you may struggle to find someone to carry out a decent job seeing as you may be trying to save cost(understandable) but giving the impresstion you want to pay out precious little.

:D :D :D Very good must admit that did make me :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back