New boiler location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have located an ideal spot in my bathroom to install a new boiler.

However, I want to do this work with minimum damage to the surrounding tiled walls and floor.

I have a plan to this effect. I'm going to build an airing cupboard. . .

The location I have specified has the wash basin 3 feet to the right - with mains cold and tank-fed hot, and a drain to the soil stack. It is next to the landing, where there are the feed and return CH pipes, and the gas pipe in 15mm - there is easy access to under the stairs where the gas meter lives to change this to 22mm.

The CH pipes under the landing are ideal in my opinion because they have 3 radiators off them in one direction, and 3 in the other, so a branch could be taken off here to the new boiler in 22mm to feed both directions in 15mm, with the existing boiler feed being blanked off at the "first" radiator.

I assume all of this is ok - if not let me know. There is a new electrical supply dedicated to the heating in the loft ready to go.

What I'm wanting to know is if the under-basin pipework is likely to be capable of supplying the rest of the system. Both hot and cold under there are 15mm. Are these ok to branch off as feed and supply for the boiler and blank off where they currently go into the loft? I can box these in for their short run to the boiler.

I want to remove all pipework from the loft - apart from the hot and cold feed to the shower, which will have to run up there as they currently do. The shower will be replaced with a standard mixer instead of the power mixer.

Does all this sound ok? Sorry for the long post.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Id agree with mystery, however it sounds alarmingly like your about to attempt the install yourself?
No, I'll be getting a few quotes. A local company ("the gas company") installs worcesters and have come recommended. Am I right in thinking viessmans are very expensive? I was thinking vaillant or worcester . . .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back