New boiler- Potterton, Valliant or Worcester??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have bit the bullet and started looking to go over to gas and replace our decripid old oil boiler. I have been offered the following:-

Potterton 24kw
Valliant Eco Tec Plus 428
Worcester 24RI

Are these any good, will they cope with single bathroom, 4 bedroom house, any preference which you would prefer to fit, How much roughly to fit?

Thanks, i appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
I have been offered the following:-

Potterton 24kw
Valliant Eco Tec Plus 428
Worcester 24RI

Are these any good, will they cope with single bathroom, 4 bedroom house ... ?
Unless you have a very large four bed house without any insulation and draughts everywhere, the boilers suggested are much larger than you need.

Use the EST online boiler calculator to determine what size boiler you really need.

Would never fit another Ecotec Plus 400 series again. The very poor relation in the Vaillant range and nothing but trouble.

Many love Worcester, but again I would never fit one. They sell loads because of all the freebies they give installers.

Potterton, very average and cheap.

Look at Atag or Broag for better value for money and build quality.

You will however get a different answer from nearly every installer.

Sponsored Links
Worcester sell 320,000 boilers in the UK by making a consistent product and probably the best after-sales support in the business.

A Worcester 24i if fitted by an AI (Worcester approved installer scheme) comes with 5yrs parts and labour warranty and a 10 yr heat exchanger warranty.

We are an AI and apart from the odd Worcester branded jacket I don't recall any freebies.

I agree that the Vaillant 4 series is the black sheep of their range and the sooner Vaillant UK product management realise we can spot a blinged up Gloworm for what it really is, the better.

Have a look first at what size boiler you really need, and reconsider your choice after that. Provided you get a modern timer with completely independent programming, you only need to allow for existing radiators plus any additions you might be planning.
FAQ give guidance on boiler sizing.
Vaillant and Worcester are German build, Potterton is made in Italy

imho if you look at the posts over the last 3/4 days you will find a lot of op`s looking for advice on the three makers you have mentioned. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back