New build - who is responsible for plaster skrinkage/cracks

G

gcltd

Hi, I'm building a small house for resale, LABC are covering the structure, but I wanted to know who would be responsible for the shrinkage/hairline cracks in the plaster when they appear? I wondered how new build developers handle this issue? Is it up to the new owners to resolve and repaint as it occurs or the developer/plasterer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it helps or not, but I bought a new home a few years back. When we completed our snagging list we were told that we may see cracks/gaps appearing due to shrinkage (which we did). Unless these gaps were larger that a specified amount (I think it was 6mm????) then we were responsible for them.

Not sure if other home builders follwer this though....

Sponsored Links
You, as the developer, will be responsible for significant shrinkage cracks, and other similar defects for the first 12 months after the sale. You would rectify them at the 12 month inspection, not before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back