New CCTV

L

leeweedon

Well I've tried to work it out on my own but I keep getting lost or changing my mind.

I'm looking for a 4 to 8 camera setup for my house. Hard wired, not HD quality but good enough.

I plan to put the DVR in the loft and route all cables up to it. Then connect to the network via a CAT6 cable down to my router.

There are loads of brands, makes and models out there, but no real comparison sites or recommended setups. Does anyone have any advice on the better systems, makes, models to buy?

Features I am looking for:
iPhone / Internet Access
10 days recording
4 to 8 cameras
PTZ would be a lovely bonus.

Ive seen systems from £200 up to thousands and really don't know what to look for.

Sponsored Links
Just search this forum. There is loads of good advice on this subject.

PTZ would be a complete waste of time unless someone is going to sit and watch it 24/7. It will always be looking at the wrong place when something happens.

It's a great toy, though! ;)

Have you considered IP PoE cameras and an NVR? It might be a good option for you, judging by what you say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back