New Combi Boiler and shower box leak

t45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have recently upgraded from a conventional gravity fed boiler system to a combi. Within a weekk I had a leak from a pipe that runs from the bathrrom sink I beleive caused by pressure through the old pipes - this has been fixed.
Now there is a leak from the old electric shower - it's coming from the box and not the shower head - i thought this shower had been disengaged - we no longer use it as our bath tap mixer shower provides enough waterand pressure for a good shower .....so, why is there a leak from the old shower box? It's where the turn on/off dial is....it's been dripping for a week now, luckily into the bath......should I attempt to switch it on to see if there is a build up of water - i assume that there is water contained within the box running from the pipe.....any ideas?.....thank you

Sponsored Links
So what does your boiler installer have to say?

Tony

Agile, assuming the shower was mains electric the conversion to combi won't have caused an issue. It's just unfortunate whete the waters been turned off and then back on.
It happens

Sponsored Links
I never assume anything.

But was rather wondering if it might have been one of the low pressure type with electric pump.

Tony

Just contact your boiler installer and he will most certainly have a look free of charge , I certainly would , I ma not saying he or she will necessarily repair it free of charge it all depends on what is leaking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back