New Drayton thermostat causing regular pump failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently ask end on here about thermostats to but and this is a follow up post installation question.

I recently bought the following Drayton wireless thermostat from Screwfix to use with my Baxi 105e combi boiler:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-digistat-3rf-room-thermostat/76816

Ever since I've installed it, every 2 or 3 days the water pump alert flashes and the boiler stops working. We never had any problems with the old wired dial thermostat that was attached to the boiler.

I understand it could be something to do with the sensor connectors in the boiler getting clogged up, but to happen directly after new thermostat installation when we had no trouble before seems like they may be connected, unless it's just pure coincidence.

It only seems to happen during a program temperature change so will work consistenly when on but only appears to go when the thermostat is asking for a change in heat - usually it seems when reducing the heat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it may be:

a. Maybe the products are incompatible
b. Maybe we wired it wrong causing the error (but when it is working it does work perfectly)
c. The boiler is faulty and it's pure coincidence to happen at the same time
d. Maybe the thermostat is faulty
e. Standard. This happens with wireless thermostats and you have to live with it

Does anyone have any suggestions on what it may be?

Thanks,
Phil

Sponsored Links
To add to this post, to fix the issue I've been unplugging the boiler and plugging back in after a few seconds, which seems to reset the boiler and it will work again for a few days perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back