new dual programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya-am thinking about updating my CH system so I can have hot water and heating on at diff times. at the moment i cannot have for example hot water on from 6-8 amd heating 7-9, they have to be on together. it is an old drayton programmer. to replace it, will the wiring be the same, or will manu instructions with the new programmer explain how to re-wire? if its too much hassle i won't bother! but i'd like to change it over if able to?

Sponsored Links
Judging from the questions you asked in your previous post Hot water on when not required, I would strongly advise you not to attempt to change your programmer. Get a qualified electrician or heating engineer with Part P qualifications to do the job!

lol yes i understand your point!! but i managed to sort that problem!! it was a faulty motorised valve! the spindle was seized and stuck in one position. so i had to remove the whole valve and actuator, after draining down the system!!! and fit a new one! was ok, not as bad as i thought!!

that's why i want to change my programmer too now as i have gained some confidence !! :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have old mechanical programmer, look at there web site for a digital one which will probably fit existing backplate of your one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back