New electrical cables in wall not in conduit

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed in our new extension that some cables are in conduit (the white oval plastic tubing) while others are not. It seems they are not in the conduit when they are within stud walls.

Is this correct?

Photos attached.

Attachments

• 2016-06-29 20.05.59.jpg
    2016-06-29 20.05.59.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 650
  • 2016-06-29 20.06.06.jpg
    2016-06-29 20.06.06.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 679
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would expect someone to drill through that noggin and link the two sockets either side of it with a link cable knocking out a rear hole from each box making future maintenance easier, i'd not do it the way it's been done.
I don't particularly like the drop that goes through the floor again i'd rather drill through the noggin not go left of the box as technically it starts to go out of the safe zone but it should be deep enough and not on show?

Basically what Chivers has said, and the dressing of the cables in the boxes. Nothing wrong with a nice little curl, the twisting is horrible

i'd rather drill through the noggin not go left of the box as technically it starts to go out of the safe zone but it should be deep enough and not on show?
1) I don't think this cable will end up >50mm from the surface

screenshot_973.jpg

2) Safe zones are created by accessories for cables connected to them, not passing nearby.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
You could channel a bit of the noggin out behind the back box on the far side so it runs behind it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back