New Fences, Astroturf, Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Moved into my house back in 2013 and have largely ignored the back garden whilst concentrating on the inside. Besides regular grass cuts and hedge trimming I have not done a great deal to it.

Having seen a nearby neighbour who has laid astroturf in their garden I am now thinking this is the way forwards (front garden is small and would like to leave that with natural grass). The fence panels on both sides are barely in existence, and although there are no large trees in the garden, along both sides (especially the left) there are large bushes and general overgrowth.

So what I would like to do is basically remove all the fences (what is left of them) the bushes, and replace with astroturf, a decked area for seating, a new pathway, and new fencing. I am at the top of a large-ish hill on my road and it does get windy in the winter time, I am not sure how long basic wooden fencing would last but I don't think there is an alternative.

Have enclosed a couple of photos - my question is where do I start? Whilst I do have savings for this, I obviously want to keep this simple. Can this be done in one 'project,' and is this for a builder, fencer, landscape gardener? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• Garden 1.JPG
    Garden 1.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Garden 2.JPG
    Garden 2.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
I would be looking for a landscaper, avoid builders for this type of work. If laying artificial turf only use someone who has done it before and or is an experienced paver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back