New Fridge Freezer making squelches and other vibrating nois

S

snadge

weve just installed our fridge freezer into its unit in the kitchen... its been on for about 6-7 hours and its making some funny old noises when it actually comes on to work.. i can only describe them as squelching and vibrating noises.... like a rumbling stomach hehe...

Is this just because its first run?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you let it stand for the recommended amount of time, after instalation ,before switching on, as per the instruction manual?

At a guess no he didn't.

the fridge freezer has been standing in our living room for months, then after unpacking and changing doors on it it stood in kitchen for about 4-5 days before lifting it 6 inches and pushing it into unit is that long enough? - the plug was behind the fridge/freezer so i had to turn on before lifting it - but it didnt get thrown about or anything like that? just lift and slide..

the noises seem to have calmed down now... I did turn it down from 3 to 2

Sponsored Links
You seem to have followed the instuctions to the letter, if the problem continues for more than a couple of days then I would call the supplier as it should have settled by then. I would also turn it back up to 3 as if it is an unheated room & you are suffering from the cold weather as most places are, it may not be warm enough for the thermostat to switch on the compressor.

You seem to have followed the instuctions to the letter, if the problem continues for more than a couple of days then I would call the supplier as it should have settled by then. I would also turn it back up to 3 as if it is an unheated room & you are suffering from the cold weather as most places are, it may not be warm enough for the thermostat to switch on the compressor.

thanks

it is an unheated room, the kitchen only has a towel rail which doesnt generate much heat - i will turn it back up like you say..

its seems to be fine now...must have been a 'first run' thing... it does make some noises our old freezer doesnt, you can hear its coming from the big 'tub' thing at the back of it (sorry for my ignorance) is that the compressor? - it occasionally makes very, very quiet (but audible) noises like rumbling - the same noise it makes if you move it i think so it must be it moving while its operating .. but much quieter... i sit on laptop on other side of the wall its on so hear everything hehe

but yeah its much better thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back