new garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
building a new garage behind my terraced house and looking to build a steel frame so as not to need foundations and disturb the neighbours

looking to build the frame over the old garage then demolish it and lay a concrete base

in using a steel frame I can have a full width garage door without needing brick pillars which would reduce door width

box profile roofing and possible pvc cladding on the sides

do you all think 100mm x 50mm box steel would be sufficient I don't want roof trusses and need maximum height

any help greatly received

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why on Gods gracious earth are you not demolishing the old garage BEFORE starting the new one?

Do you like to make a job really difficult and drawn out?

Becausr i have nowhere to keep supplies the garage will cover the whole of the rear the property

The new garage will be a lean to over the old lean to so will only be 1 wall 2 doors and the roof to remove after and lay a new floor if funds allow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back