New Garden Table - staining advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello There

I'm a bit confused and need some correct advice regards a new hardwood garden table made from eucalyptus. I'm thniking of staining it with Cuprinol hardwood stain.

Do I need to prepare the wood, e.g. rub down with white spirit, methalyted spirit or sand it down or can I just apply it direct?

Also do I need to leave it out for a few weeks before I begin the work or can I start straightaway? Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Links
If the table is new then it only needs treating.
Eucalyptus, have gained in popularity as the price of teak has grown prohibitive for many homeowners. Eucalyptus wood, like teak, is alluring, durable, hardy, and resistant to rot and insect infestation. The fast maturity of eucalyptus trees makes them more readily available and more easily affordable. Like outdoor teak furniture, outdoor eucalyptus furniture can be treated with teak oil following an annual cleaning to help preserve the wood's natural color (if desired).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back