new gas cooker question - fan assisted type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm getting a new gas oven fitted, but this one is apparantly a fanned oven type! Is this the same to operate as a normal type, or is there a special switch to start the fan? Or does it come on on its own? Am just curious as how they work compared to the natural type without fans...

Sponsored Links
Our oven is fan assisted. It has knobs that you can turn to select normal oven function or fan assisted oven, grill, defrost etc! You can choose to use the fan or not. Personally I like the fan as it gives a more even cooking, browning. Beware though when using fan assisted function you don't need as high temperatures as normal oven functions. So check the recipe first. Good luck :)

Hi

I'm getting a new gas oven fitted, but this one is apparantly a fanned oven type! Is this the same to operate as a normal type, or is there a special switch to start the fan? Or does it come on on its own? Am just curious as how they work compared to the natural type without fans...
Assuming here that you have bought a Stoves oven........ I am going to be honest with you here, cancel it and get the non-fanned one, theres no real benefit in having a fanned one but if it breaks outside warranty it is likely to cost so much that you will throw it away, if you dont cancel make sure you get it insured.

Sponsored Links
Our oven is fan assisted. It has knobs that you can turn to select normal oven function or fan assisted oven, grill, defrost etc! You can choose to use the fan or not. Personally I like the fan as it gives a more even cooking, browning. Beware though when using fan assisted function you don't need as high temperatures as normal oven functions. So check the recipe first. Good luck :)
Yours will be electric, the oven the op is on about is gas, they work very differently with the gas not having the extra features you are on about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back