new kitchen mixer tap, Hot water flow was poor...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently i fitted a kitchen pull-out lever mixer tap(exactly this one), and the hot water flow has become really low...

I know that it wasn't like that before with the old tap, although my old tap mixed the water after the spout.

At the moment, the Cold is from main, and Hot is from cylinder.
Header tank is about 7~8 meters above, so i guess the hot pressure is around 0.7-0.8 bar.

I have tried fitting it with or without check valve (single), they both come out similar flow, but still it is SO much LESS than what i had before.

I dont think there are any way to adjust the flow in the lever, because the handle look like it is one piece.

so the only possible guess for me is that 2 flexible inlet to the tap, it is not as wide as what i had before.

Any help would be appreciated!

many thanks in advance.
vern

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Appreciate your knowledge of your water system & how it works, very commendable, to be honest, if everything was fine & hunky- dory in your house, & then you had a new appliance installed, & things went t*ts up. You would probably bet there was something wrong with that new installation. The guy you got to plumb it in is probably a dick.. that wasn`t you was it??...

I don't know much about these sort of taps but I feel that as your supplies are not balanced, it could well be what it needs to rectify.

Your kitchen cold should always come off the main to ensure potable water.

Maybe these taps were designed for hot off the combi and cold from mains.

Pay you to read the manu instructions if available or phone the manu for advice. :D

BAHCO said:
I don't know much about these sort of taps but I feel that as your supplies are not balanced, it could well be what it needs to rectify.

Your kitchen cold should always come off the main to ensure potable water.

Maybe these taps were designed for hot off the combi and cold from mains.

Pay you to read the manu instructions if available or phone the manu for advice. :D
Ensure potable water at all times... for the un-educated
MOD

it`s short for behave

now kindly do so ;)

Sponsored Links
Such a helpful chappie TGM. :rolleyes:

I can't see him getting many clients with his attitude. :LOL:

Vern,Did you resolve this? I have identical problem after my plumber installed a mono tap bought off ebay - he claims it's the tap (narrow supply pipes/hose) but supplier insists the tap is fine. My home set up is identical to yours.

One man's "suitable" is another's "intolerable". All quarter turn taps are more restrictive than the screw-down ones. Narrow diameter connection hoses or isolating valves contribute. Always worth looking for debris in the tap.

traineegasman said:
Appreciate your knowledge of your water system & how it works, very commendable, to be honest, if everything was fine & hunky- dory in your house, & then you had a new appliance installed, & things went t*ts up. You would probably bet there was something wrong with that new installation. The guy you got to plumb it in is probably a dick.. that wasn`t you was it??...

erm.... yea... i installed it myself as follows to the instruction...

and to g_mike:

unfortunately I haven't.... i m still seeking for solutions.

It's childsplay to test - measure the flow from the offending tap, then use a bit of hose on the pipe with the tap disconnected to measure how much the pipe will deliver. If big diff, then it's the tap.

yes, i did that already. It was a big difference. :(

Buy yourself another tap and have done with it.:cool:

You can always move the problem on and sell it on Ebay.
:LOL:
I await the purchasers new thread on this forum. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back