New Labour Leader - one hour away

If you shop at waitrose you get a free newspaper if you spend more than £5 in the week and £10 at weekends. Not sure if you have waitrose up north. Do you have electricity and flush loos?
Yes, there's a Waitrose not too far from us, although that's in the Cheshire stockbroker/footballer belt. It's a bit expensive, though, and the food's just as good at Morrison's.

We have had electricity since I ever remember although, when I was a child, the sockets were like this:
and the plugs like this:
We also rejoiced in having a nice outside toilet with attendant candle in a jam jar.

Ah, those were the days.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We also rejoiced in having a nice outside toilet with attendant candle in a jam jar.
In East London, we also had an outside loo with resident spider, a tin bath behind a curtain in the kitchen and............did you also have the broken glass cemented on the top of the yard wall?

In East London, we also had an outside loo with resident spider, a tin bath behind a curtain in the kitchen and............did you also have the broken glass cemented on the top of the yard wall?
Luxury - we lived in a cardboard box and went to bed half an hour before we went to sleep ..............

No, we couldn't afford walls... or glass for that matter.

Luxury - we lived in a cardboard box and went to bed half an hour before we went to sleep ..............
Haha! I think you got that one wrong!
"We had to get up half an hour before we went to bed."
Ooops and thanks mucker
No problem. It's just nice to meet someone else who's also lived such a hard life.
Still, I bet our cardboard box was smaller than yours!

We lived in 'ole in ground. Father used to murder us twice a day. We ate coal for lunch. Eee, it was grand in those days.
We used to get murdered four times a day by our little old nan but worse than that she would make us have tea and a chat with noseall.

Does that make sense? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back