New like old Pine Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After moving into our new house we pulled the carpet up to see some beautiful old pine floorboards mixed with newer boards. I gave them a sand and you can see the difference quite clearly.

The problem is they have obviously fixed damaged floorboards with new ones that're a lighter colour. I want to use Osmo oil as the final finish, so any suggestions to match them to the older ones would be very welcome!

1.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Water stain the repair boards first. Several applications of an appropriate but we'll thinned colour will allow you to "creep up" to a colour depth somewhere near your existing old boards

Thanks JobandKnock.

Something like Manns Pine Wood Stain? Also if it's water based can i use water to thin it?

Water stain the repair boards first. Several applications of an appropriate but we'll thinned colour will allow you to "creep up" to a colour depth somewhere near your existing old boards

Sponsored Links
The only thing I'd say is it's amazing what you can do with tea! It's not exactly water tight but it's cheap!

The only thing I'd say is it's amazing what you can do with tea! It's not exactly water tight but it's cheap!

Used to keep used tea bags for exactly that reason on pre 1920's refurbs where the odd board will split when needing pumbing and electrics sub fllor access.

Great thing about tea is the ability to layer until colour matched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back