New Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have had a solid old brick wall replasterd with browning /finish it has taken a long time to dry ,it was a outside wall that was renderd and taken back to bare brick had a extention built so its now a inside wall, But the problem is salt marks coming through what is the best way to cure this as i want to paint it.
Laurie ash

Sponsored Links
It will take an age to dry and you will get salts appearing, you should have made sure that the other side of the wall was not tracking back moisture , and should have maybe "Scutted" it then scratched it and floated and skimmed it . You should not have put browning on it if there was any chance of it being a damp wall , which by what you say it was ....
Is there a rad in the area or some form of heating ? As that would help after a while.....

It will take an age to dry and you will get salts appearing, you should have made sure that the other side of the wall was not tracking back moisture , and should have maybe "Scutted" it then scratched it and floated and skimmed it . You should not have put browning on it if there was any chance of it being a damp wall , which by what you say it was ....
Is there a rad in the area or some form of heating ? As that would help after a while.....
Hi thanks for that when it dries what paint should i use.

Sponsored Links
It should be ok to use Matt emulsion on it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back