new plaster...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
argh

...had bottom half of a front wall knocked back to the brick and re rendered and skimmed. Recommended 6 weeks to dry...

7 weeks and applied watered down emulsion mix which flaked off... I figured too much paint, sanded down and tried again. Similar result but not as bad. Sanded back again and tried dulux sealer for plaster... which has started to bubble up after a few hours.

Should this be stripped and the whole lot left for a lot longer? How do i even strip off this sealer - looks pretty gloopy to me

:(

Sponsored Links
There may be some salts still coming out of the render, this will form a froth like film on the surface. Just gotta wait till is fully dry. Make sure you dont use an emulsion with vinyl in it, just a contract matt as the mist coat.

give it another 2/3 weeks then try mate, plaster could take up to 8 - 10 weeks to dry properly depending on the weather etc.

cheers

In comparison to my dodgy brush work it doesn't look too terrible now, it is at least stable, for the minute...

Sponsored Links
if they put too much waterproofer in the mix paint won't stick very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back