New pump noise

C

Classic40

Hi,

I have just fitted a new pump to my system as the old one seemed to be taking ages for the house to get warm. (New pump has fixed this).

However it makes a funny noise, please see video: http://youtu.be/VCDSNXam8KU

The pump is a CP53 which replaced an Ideal 171865 (MP53) . I am 99.9% sure the pump is the same as the I could have swapped just the head but decided to replace the lot (include the pump valves).

The boiler is an Ideal Classic FF340 with the system kit that sits on top.

The manual does say about venting it, however I am unable to get any air out of it (Had a tiny bit of water come out).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Video is pretty poor quality, but it looks like the pump might be pointing down slightly, the front of the pump should be very slightly ABOVE horizontal, if the motor is pointing downward it will make the noise that you are experiencing ;)

Thanks for the tip.. I will give it a try tomorrow when the heating is off.

When I fitted it I made sure it was vertical so if it just needs a little tilt back that will be nice and easy.

Sorry about the poor quality video, I was aiming mainly for the sound.

The old pump looked like this
View media item 71677
Cheers.

Hi,

Not had any joy moving slightly, any other ideas? Or do you think it's just a faulty pump?

Sponsored Links
The noise has settled down a lot compared to the video but still making a ticking noise and I have noticed the pipes seem louder.

Would I be right in thinking the bearing is faulty within the pump?

Finally got to the bottom of this; took the head off the pump and found this!

View media item 90685
Just fitted a Circulating Pumps CP60 (Tight fit in the system kit on an Ideal Classic).

Currently running on setting 1. It's almost silent compared to the old Ideal MP53 and Circulating Pumps CP53.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back