New Radiator Leaking

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why have you applied tape to union??..it does absolutely nothing to aid in sealing.

Loctite 55, all mine sealed first time with that stuff.

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies.

I should've stressed that I'm an IT Coordinator, and not a plumber ;)

I'll assume that the nut and union is to the left of my problem area. Point taken, I won't use tape on it when I put it back on.

With regards to the problem area though, I just need to tape the bejesus out of it, yeah? Or should I be using a sealant such as the one suggested above?

Cheers,

BS...

Loctite 55 isn't a sealant its to replace the ptfe tape. Much better at its job.

I'm thinking of replacing that tap with an angled valve with drain off. Is there anything I need to consider whilst doing that?

Also, I want to introduce some rust inhibitor to the system, do I need to fully drain it before putting the inhibitor in, or can I just chuck it on the top of a towel radiator, and that's it?

Cheers,

BS...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back