new rear wiper motor fitted-skoda octavia-erratic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
motor comes on randomly either on starting ignition,or driving with switch off.When working normally single wipe and intermittent on switch are ok. :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Dont think those Skoda's have rain sensors? Your not in reverse?

Was the old one doing the same before it gave in?

No rain sensors,reverse does not actuate wiper.Replaced because motor ruined from washer fluid ingress.........common problem with skoda/vw.

I would think their is a problem with the wiring on the connection to the motor from the loom. The new motor is wired different to the original.

Quote you VIN and engine code when you call into your dealer.

Other than that you have a problem with the wiring in the car. You have a good earth on the tail gate? And the motor is earthed to the the gate?

Some have trouble where the loom leaves the gate and enters the car, the wires get frayed.

If you cant get anywhere with the dealer if you could source a secondhand motor from a good breaker to see if the problem continues. It wont be that expensive.

Sponsored Links
con nection plug/loom ok.......new motor same spec.as origional.,,,,,,,,wiring between hatch/body no damage.checked earth connection,appears ok ,however cleaned and re-tightened. Δ Problem not apparent at this point......will update!!!!!

Thanks for interest!

Was your replacement motor a new one, or one from a breakers yard?
Just wondering if the self park mechanism has been damaged due to turning the wipers on when they were frozen to the screen, etc.
John :)

New motor from vw dealer.I fitted myself and am now wondering if the self-park mechanism in same is faulty!.......any ideas on checking for this?

Stumped on that one mate but my own Skoda does flick the rear wipe when the front one is on intermittent - if you can follow that.....
If the new motor self parks ok then there's no need to suspect a fault in that area, but some of them seem to hit the bottom park position then bounce up an inch or so.
When the motor comes on by itself, you're not washing the front screen or anything - in other words, hand well clear of the wiper stalk?
John :)

John........yes hands clear of stalk and no wash/wipe switch on.I have to say had a problem with a similar Octavia a couple of years ago.Rear wiper would not work,dealer agreed to replace with new OEM motor.....still no go!.Removed new wiper and agreed to have Auto Electiician investigate further.On my way home (50mls) wiper began to operate (when switched ON) and did so for the year or more i had that car....Mysterious!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back