new rules and regs for you hard pressed gas engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new regulations are to be announced where if you work on a gas appliance ie service,repair then you will have to prove competancy for the electric side of the gas appliance. This is being introduced as corgi havent had a great response from gas engineers signing up to the part p scheme.

So you will have no chance when the regulations come in, aswell as registering every year for gas registration you will have to pay even more money to corgi for the electric registration. This is being brought in as corgi need more money to inspect the increasing number of unregistered installers. Corgi in writing in the latest edition of gas installer estimate that there are 25,000 people in Britain who are carrying on unregistered.

Sponsored Links
Why should anyone believe what you're saying if you don't give any references - what regulations, exactly?

25000 unregistered, bet you it's more like 100000, maybe even more when you count the moonlighters at the weekends.

Other than that "rubbish"

Assuming you are in the kennel club, join Argi dot org dot uk, and have a say in how the industry will be run.

the reason why im posting this is because it is going to happen i know a corgi inspector and i have spoken to members of staff at corgi , you dont have to believe me,but wait and see

Sponsored Links
ohh and non of the great unwashed havent ive spoken to more of the CORGI
bunch than you can shake a stick at fella

so educate us dipsticks whats going on in the industry at present :idea:

what.s going on in the frontline meeting ?

whats going on in the CO reveiw ?

what's going on in the installers forum ?

go peddle your crap somewhere else son or get among it :rolleyes:

the plumbing miracle said:
the reason why im posting this is because it is going to happen i know a corgi inspector and i have spoken to members of staff at corgi , you dont have to believe me,but wait and see

Read what I posted earlier and do something about it.

And stop believing in old wifes tales :rolleyes:

So you will have no chance when the regulations come in,

More chance than you seeing as though you are not good enough to qualify as a gas fitter.

aswell as registering every year for gas registration you will have to pay even more money to corgi for the electric registration.

Seeing as though I probably make ten times more than you this will not be a problem.

This is being brought in as corgi need more money to inspect the increasing number of unregistered installers.

You seem to be well up on the intentions of Corgi although you say you are a `plumber`, not really your field is it? or are we another bitter individual unable to cut it so sticks it to every `proper` engineer possible?

+++++++++++++

still going nowhere

Mod Rupert

++++++++++++++

I also know that the corgi trust is going to be producing a glossy magazine to be made available to the public which is supposed to deal with gas safety issues the magazine will be a paid for magazine,but guess whos paying for the start up costs, you through you gwn fees.(shoreline media) based at 1 elmwood basingstoke (address ring a bell)

+++++

as before. I may as well lock it.

Mod Rupert

++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back