New tap not matching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might be a silly question, but hopefully shouldn't take too long to answer. My elderly father asked me to change his basin taps, despite me not being much of a DIYer. We got the new taps. I turned off the water supply, ran off the water, disconnected and removed one of the old taps. Upon putting the new tap in, the 'stem' (the threaded section at the bottom of the tap) doesn't seem to be quite as long as the one on the old one- it's about an inch shorter. It doesn't reach quite far enough to reach the nut on the existing pipework. Most of the flexible tails that I could see had female-female connectors, so I don't think that I would be able to fit those. As I said I'm not much of a DIYer, so I'm hoping to avoid having to cut any pipes. Does anyone know if there is any sort of connector/extension type product for this?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Only 5 x the builderdepot one . HaHa.
TBH I did not look at footprints link. I thought he was linking to a flexi.

Still, on the same lines. And I've never heard of BD!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back