New toilet fails to clear soilid waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

We have just installed a new 6 litre dual flush toilet and it is not shifting solid matter - toilet paper takes two flushes and every poop needs plunging to clear fragments.

I have scoured the web and see some rumours that this may be a common problem, can anyone suggest a next step?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Floating jobbies are a sign of a good diet, you need to eat more rubbish, this will make jobbies go pludumpffffff and self bomb around toilet bend, then pathetic spit of water 6 litres laffingly called a flush, will just help shove it round the bend totally, cool eh ;) , man hasn't been dumping very long and toilets havent been around long either, so it's all a bit new, I'm sure they will get it right eventually.

Other than that, check the outlet pipe size is correct and not going uphill too sharp flexibend ect, and nothing like installation intructions (which are useually ****e anyway) havent been left in a plastic bag stuck inside the outlet, also is the water level correct in the cistern, you may need a City&Guilds to work out how the kin lid comes off, and another in how to adjust the water level, happy hunting.

Dear PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN,

My diet is indeed a healthy one :D

There is a 90% flexibend and about 15cm from that a second 90% regular bend - do you think that is likely to be causing this problem?

Sponsored Links
I have bitten the bullet and employed a plumber to sort this out.

If the worst come to the worst, I will replace the eco bog with a more substantial model. While I am in favour of water conservation I cannot face my own jobbies refusal to go round the bend with a 6 litre push.

If the worst come to the worst, I will replace the eco bog with a more substantial model. While I am in favour of water conservation I cannot face my own jobbies refusal to go round the bend with a 6 litre push.

what shape is your new loo I have NEVER faced my own jobbies

At least some of this, I'm sure, is down to pan design, and it seems to be the cheaper loos that suffer more. Also those with a 1 1/2" cistern outlet do not perform as well as those with a 2" outlet. I've got a loo that will clear most number twos on the short 4-litre flush, so it's not a universal problem.

what shape is your new loo I have NEVER faced my own jobbies

We face 'jobbies' every day................................ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think ideal standard or twyfords have the best design with a 7.5 litre flush. I have seen some toilets that have such a small water area it was barely wider than a tennis ball.

So it might be the poor pipework and a poorly designed toilet.

You are not alone.
It may seem obvious but ensure you are using the full flush. My dual flush WC has an air button flush - "push and release" for half flush, "push and hold" for full flush. You need option two for number two's!

The lovely plumber has straightened out the flexibend and repositioned the bog - not where I wanted it but (fingers crossed) it seems to be working! :D

Toilet paper is no longer resurfacing and, while it has yet to receive larger deposits, I am hopeful that we have found the problem.

Regarding the dual flush, the small flush is useless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back