New toilet stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We live in a 1950s bungalow, with a double concrete (not sure of name) foundation.

We are extending the property in next 2 to 3 years. Existing family bathroom will become ensuite as it is tiny.

Room directly across from bathroom will become family bathroom. Toilet approx. 3 metres away from current toilet position.

Any ideas on rough costings on digging trenches and installing new toilet stack. I know it will cost but i really don't want a saniflow due to noise.

TIA

Sponsored Links
1469783255130-1318194036.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to put where your existing stack is at the moment and where the new pipes are going to be run, is the floor solid or is there a void underneath ?

It is solid. To be honest I'm a complete amateur at all this who will be getting professionals in. Just trying to budget.

Current stack is linked to outside wall behind toilet. Pipes come down from ceiling and run horizontally on toilet wall of current bathroom.

Then you need to get some quotes, its impossible to guess over the internet .

I think you'd be better taking the new soil pipe out through the wall, and running drainage externally, underground. Cost depends on route, depth, IC's required etc. Assuming you'll be getting a builder in to do the rest of the work, he/she will deal with any drainage works required as part of the job.

Noise from a Saniflo should be the least of your worries. :eek:

Lol! It is not just the noise from a Saniflo. Every person I know who has one, hates it or has had some sort of problem with it.

I'm going to get a builder into quote me. As i want to know what % of the total build cost it will be.

I have one in the house that I rent out and have never had a problem. Just lucky I guess. I installed it right, though :)

If the Saniflo is installed, used correctly and serviced every 2-3yrs you wont hear it or have problems with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back