New window installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

How much am I looking at to have brickword removed and a new window created?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
crystal-ball.jpg

Seriously?

Add some useful information like the wall construction and size of the window, ground or first floor or what? Jeez! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the witty replies. Erm the wall is made of brick and obviously needs removing to fit the window. Ideally the window will be a kitchen window over looking the garden, say 1.5m long by 1m high.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Looking at that blokes expression, I'm wondering what's going on under the table?

Seriously, you have no useful replies because it is very hard to get an idea even of what needs done.

I assume a new lintel is needed what about making good on the inside afterwards? do kitchen units need removed/ heavily protected? Whats above the new opening? Just a wall plate or masonary? Any steels bearing above it?

When asked what the wall is made of 'Erm Brick' is not very helpful. Is it a cavity wall or solid 9inch brick?

Do you want the reveals simply Rendered up or toothed out and re-built with brick.

Your best bet is simply to get 3 quotes and then you will have an accurate idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back