New wiring for extension added to main box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is this wiring ok ,the second pic shows where the wires run under the units in to the main under the stairs a new border has been added for the extension .my question is are the wires ok to be under the cabinets .the screed floor has to be put down in the extension bit but cables will be above that .thankyou

Attachments

• 1451466301848-1144341557.jpg
    1451466301848-1144341557.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
All I can see if what looks like flex cable, probably from your appliances, a little messy could do with tidying up a bit. I cannot see a second picture? Whether the installation is okay, by viewing this photo? It would be impossible to say.

Chi added new pics , the trunking with the hessian stuff is water pipes grey flexi hose ,it's the wiring above ,this contains Amazon wire from the consumer board and lighting and sockets ,it will all be above ground but it's not in conduit is that ok ...the water pipes in the hessian is another worry as it's going under screed but that's another forum lol . The electrician added another consumer board which runs the extension electrics , he took a wire from the main consumer board .this is all new to us and want peace of mind it's all ok before its completed thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 215
It's extremely slapdash at best. What do you do when your cooker goes wrong and needs to be pulled out? To run the wiring behind would have taken so little extra effort.

Sponsored Links
Hi it will be behind , but will run along wall back to electric board ? thankyou

If it's underneath, against the wall, I see little issue. Should be secured to walk behind cooker, and ideally below cabinets.

Hi amazon was mistype .the wires go through that wall under the rest of my cabinets , all will be above ground , do they need to be in trunking .thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back