new worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm putting in a new worktop in, the old one is 30 mm thick the new one 38mm so the new worktop won't fit under the tiles is it ok to just butt the worktop up to tiles?

Sponsored Links
It's not ideal but unless you cut the bottom off the tiles you've not a lot of option. Be aware though, you might find that the wall isn't flat and you'll end up with gaps that would normally have been covered with the tiles.

If as GCOL says you have gaps, you could consider using beading on the back of the worktop to hide the caps.
I have a tiled worktop & I used beading & stained it the saim as the front wood trim on the worktop. Its effective & looks ok.

Could you adjust the feet of the units down 8mm ? Assuming they have adjustable feet.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the reply's is it best to fit the sink and tap to the worktop before I put the worktop on the sink unit as I don't have allot of room to work in under the worktop, the only problem is running a bead of silicon along the worktop i'm a bit hinderd by the tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back