Newbie post - external holes in wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am looking to fill some small holes (8mm diameter) drilled through the external walls of my property. There are only a handful but figure it would be best to get these sorted while the weather is fine this summer.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas what materials I would be best to use to fill these gaps and make good it would be appreciated. I am ok filling internal walls but suspect outside, exposed to the elements makes this a different proposition.

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Cheers very much jr, just wonder what 'water proofing' is called when it comes to walking the isles at b&q :confused: Cheers

sand and cement with a little bit of water proofer that will sort out the holes mate

That'll do fine as JR says. As regards to the waterproofer, it would be a waste of money buying a container of it for such a small amount needed. If you have any friends that are builders/plasterers, ask them for a drop. To be honest, even "half a spoonfull " of waterproofer would be "far too much". Don't waste your money buying 5 litres of it,,, ask yer mates. ;)

Sponsored Links
you can buy little sachets of feb and waterproofer and such forth i had a whole box full a few years back they were given to me by a guy i know who works at sika ;)

Thank you both for your help with this, I will be at B&Q tomorrow morning and see what sizes they come in. Sadly no builder friends or plasterers, so may just take the hit depending on what sizes are available there.

Really appreciate your help with this.

Lobb,

ps keep an eye out for an upcoming post on blown plaster! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back