newish radiator cold on one side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any advice appreciated.

I recently fitted a new designer radiator in the living room - it's 1800mm high and 450mm wide. I've just noticed that only the left hand side is red hot and it gradually gets cooler as you get to the right hand side of the radiator. The flow comes in at the left and returns at the right. I did fit the trv to the return by mistake but it's bidirectional so should be fine. Ive tried bleeding the rad but there's no air in it. I've turned the other rads off but it made no difference.

I tee'd off the 22mm flow and return and ran the pipes in 15mm to the new rad.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
poor manufacturing, or missing baffles...

and check that it is not flow sensitive...some radiators have flow only on one side...

im sure the radiator was fine when i first fitted it. The only thing i've changed is turning the central heating temperature down on the boiler (worcester bosch greenstar 30si). It was set to max for the winter but i turned it down to 4. I'd expect it to cool the radiators down a bit across the whole radiator which it has on the rest.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
come across far to many budget designer rads that dont heat up properly. As Alec said it maybe designed to flow a certain way, seen that a few times. A customer of mine has some designer rads that only heat the bottom half. I think the problem is where you get tubes or panels welded together there's only a tiny hole for the water to pass through and at a guess Id say the holes are not properly formed or get blocked when they're welded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back