Newlec Electric Storage Heater - How to Use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a building with these heaters but have no operating manual. I've tried to figure out how to set the timer but cannot get it to work. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
The controls of an electric storage heater normally consist of two
dials to be found under a flap on the heater.

The input dial,sometimes known as the charge or overnight dial.
This control sets the amount of heat to be stored during the night.
l It is best to be set on a seasonal basis: medium for
autumn/spring, high for winter.
l If you find that you run out of heat before the end of the day,
and the Input is not on maximum, turn it up to store extra for the
following day.
l Some electric storage heaters have an automatic Input that sets
the charge by the night time temperature of the room.
l An external Weather Sensor can also control some heaters so that
in cold weather the heaters get more electrical input than in
milder weather.
The Output Dial sometimes known as the room temperature or boost dial.
This dial controls the amount of warm air or convected heat given out
during the day. It opens and closes.
If you know the make and model, might be able to find the manual on-line or call the manufacturers for a replacement.

These heaters do not have a model number on them.

Basically these heaters have a button that gives you two options, 1 vertical line and 2 vertical lines, this I presume is for the temperate ie hot or warm.

Underneath their are three symbols, hand, clock and a circle with a red button underneath to point to one of these.

Directly under is a dial with what I presume is a 24 hour clock and an arrow at 9 o'clock which I presume is where you set the number. The dial is numbered 1 to 24. The dial on each number is an individual clip which you can pull up.

When you switch the heater on from the mains it automatically heats up. I want to set the heater so it so the heat comes out two hours before the building is occupied.

Are you familiar with this type of heater and how it works?

These heaters do not have a model number on them.

Basically these heaters have a button that gives you two options, 1 vertical line and 2 vertical lines, this I presume is for the temperate ie hot or warm.

I = half heat, II = full heat

Underneath their are three symbols, hand, clock and a circle with a red button underneath to point to one of these.

hand = manual / continuously on
clock = timed
red circle = continuously off

Directly under is a dial with what I presume is a 24 hour clock and an arrow at 9 o'clock which I presume is where you set the number. The dial is numbered 1 to 24. The dial on each number is an individual clip which you can pull up.

turn the dial until the current time is adjacent to the arrow.

Pull up each clip/segment for the times you want the heater on (probably - it might be pull up for off and push down for on) I think each segment is 20 mins

When you switch the heater on from the mains it automatically heats up. I want to set the heater so it so the heat comes out two hours before the building is occupied.

Are you familiar with this type of heater and how it works?

Turn the dial to 'clock', set the time you want on the 24-hour segments, and turn the 24-hr dial to the current time

If I've understood you correctly, These are NOT storage heaters, they are panel heaters. Newlec are Newy's own brand and they're made by Dimplex, so should be pretty good heaters,
Newlec website[/url]

Sponsored Links
Hey thanks so much for detailed reply... I was looking for just that today and I found it here...

Just that the heater goes off every 10-15 minutes even when its on the manual mode.... because of which it does not really heat the room at all...

also, how can there be 24 segments on the dial and each segment be 20mins each? Are they not 1 hour each?

may if it helps - its a NEWLEC electric heater... 1500 W... and the model no is NLPH150TN.... could not find a manual on the net... I know that T is for timer... but not sure what N is for.... do you know?

I was going by the technical sheet which say programmable for 20 minute intervals technical sheet

Either the thermostat needs turning up, or if it's at max them the stat or the timer is fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back