Newly replaced motorised valve not working correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. A couple of days ago I replaced the water pump and the motorised valve for the central heating. The pump is working fine but the motorised valve is not (Orkli RT-ZT) Heated water reaches the valve but not beyond, so the radiators are cold. I called the suppliers for advice and they said it was fitted the wrong way round. I changed it but still have the same problem. The wiring is correct. When I took the old Sunvic off, I removed one wire at a time and replaced with the wire of the new one. There is an extra white wire but the instructions don't say anything about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
How about some numbers from the valve you changed? Your sunvic may have been motor open/motor close. The wiring therefore may not be direct replacement. Also the white wire cannot be ignored. At some stage it will be live if the microswitches are being used.

Hi oilhead. Thanks for the reply. The Sunvic that I removed has the number SZ 2301 and I notice that the orkli one has the number SZV2212 followed by 2-port motorized zone valve.

Can't find any on line details for the Orkli valve, but the Sunvic valve was spring return. Brown live feed, blue neutral with orange and grey voltage free end switch. Check your Okli valve with the actuator off; can you operate the valve manually?
If so, with the actuator off, when switched on, does the motor move? If not, check for voltage in the junction box.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for late response. Just back from work. I'll post a few images. As far as I can tell, the orkli is spring return. When I fitted it first, I could move the lever and it sprung back but now after I turned it 180 degrees, it moves freely without any resistance. Power seems to be getting to the orkli as I can hear a slight hum from the transformer.

Actuator seems to work but not correctly. When attached, the valve blocks the flow, but when the orkli motorized head is unclipped from the valve and the lever on the Sunvic valve to the hot tank was moved to manual setting, the water started to circulate. Possibly the wrong valve bought? Should I have replaced like for like? Concerned that even though the boiler responds to adjustment of the thermostat at the boiler and the one in the house, it seems to stay on as if overriding the timer. Faulty timer possibly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back