Next doors soak away causing damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a brick built porch (on the side of our new (Victorian) property. One of the walls is actually the boundary - it is brick only and shows signs of damp (on bottom 18 inches).

We have only been in the property a month so do not know the history however I have noticed that next door have:

- A paved yard that is approx 12-18 inches higher than my garden level.
- what appears to be a gravel top soak away on the other side of our porch wall.

Seems an obvious cause of our problem!

My question is, how do I solve the issue of the damp?

Cheers :idea:

Sponsored Links
The glass roof of the porch essentially leans onto what would once have been a red brick garden wall. There is no dpc.

Sponsored Links
I bet it isn't a drain leading to a soakaway. I expect their downpipe just discharges onto the ground.

If there is a soakaway, there is probably a broken gulley allowing water to escape.

If the neighbour's won't improve their drainage, you will probably have to rebuild your wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back