Night Set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When using the "Night Set" function on my alarm there seems to be fundamental flaw.
When I set the alarm the keypad beeps twice to warn that the alarm is setting you then have 60 secs to exit from the Last exit zone (curently downstairs hall).
All that is fine, however later when I re-enter that zone the internal sounder beeps very loudly (just like full set) to warn the alarm is set and the code needs entered.

What I don't get is why on setting the "Night Set" only the keypad beeps but upon deactivating it the internal sounder omits a loud tone, doesn't seem logical to me as if you come down stairs either during the night or early in the morning you are presented with a loud noise which could wake others in the house.

Do all alarms do this or is it just mine?

My alarm is the Accord XPC and I have the user guide, installler guide and have the eningeers code and there doesn't seem to be any way to change this to stop it happening?

Sponsored Links
I believe that the the PIR in question is set to 1.Final Exit when using the "Night Set" if this is not right then what should it be programmed to so the keypad omits the sound on re-entry rather than the internal sounder?

The available zone types are:

0. Not Used
1. Final Exit
2. Key switch
3. Alarm
4. Walk Through
5. 24 hr tamper
6. PA silent
7. PA audible
8. Push-to-set
9. Fire

I don't know this panel, but can you turn down the entry/exit tone volume?

Many other alarms work the way you have described.

You could always fit another keypad upstairs and unset the alarm before you go downstairs...

Sponsored Links
I can't see any way of turning down the entry/exit tone volume, the install guide seems to indicate an EE Volume on the PCB but mine does not have this?

Fitting another keypad upstairs is a good idea but the not an option for us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back