nissan micra after break in help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all my son had his micra broke into at the week end damaged the door and knackered the ignition switch, broke the steering lock so i phoned around the car breakers and found a steering lock and keys so is it possible to change the lock for another one off another car as the key is coded or can i swap the key code detector to make the new key work any help appreciated bazzzzzzzz it is a P reg 1.0 petrol

Sponsored Links
im wondering if you can change the pats chip within the orriginal keys then that way you will not have to have the ecu recoded,obviously we do not know how much damage has been done?

Sorry to hear of the break-n. What a PITA. Might be worth asking on this site specific to your model. Good luck with getting it sorted. ;)

I used to have an N-reg Micra and it didn't have any fancy keys or door locks.
It used old-fashioned manual keys.

So I suppose you can fit a lock from another car. You might end up with 3 keys (1 for the ignition, 1 for the door, 1 for other doors + boot + petrol cap).
But I don't think it's worth spending a lot of money on a P-reg. Great cars though Micras are!

Sponsored Links
it probably uses a pick up around the ignition barrel to sense the chip in the key so you could change it quite easily

Back