Nissan micra ( keyless) wont start after new battery fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to have a new battery fitted on micra , now although the ignition lights all come on it won't start , even using the emergency key.
It's as though it doesn't recognise the key any more, does this need resetting after a new battery? If so, can only a main dealer do this? If so methinks I'm in for a big bill!
Had to have car transported home from battery shop!

Sponsored Links
Google Nissan micra key reprogramme, it should give you the info you need.
It's a long procedure but it may work.

Had to have car transported home from battery shop!

I'd have thought any shop that fits batteries for a living would have been familiar with different car makes and their little quirks. Who paid for the transporter after they had fitted the battery??

Sponsored Links
Breakdown company transported me , just inconvenient few hours wasted and no car, its one of these keyless ignition cars but even with emergency key wouldn't start.

So Essex girl, how did you get it working?

I have an 07 Micra which uses a key to start the ignition.

But I dont know how to open it if the car or remote fob batteries are flat!

Its a nice simple car but has some funny design features!

Tony, living in Essex, but not from here originally, can understand the female population here could easily interpret your 'Essex Girl' comment as a bit insulting, bearing in mind the way the TV likes to portray them.

Ha ha ha I am an Essex girl and proud of it!
Some really talented people come from Essex and we are not all towies!

The garage manager where it was towed to fixed problem , took all of a couple of minutes but he wouldn't tell the mechanics how he did it!!
I think I read something about Re disconnecting the battery and then getting rid of residual charge then reconnecting, but I may have got this wrong, I am a mere Essex girl lol!

I will ask him how he did it though in case I have to disconnect battery again.
Luckily was in a breakdown service so tow didn't cost me.

It would be helpful if you could find out what to do!

I assume he did not make any charge? Or did he?

When I had to remove and charge the battery on my older 07 model it took ages to start although that could have been a petrol flow problem as it had not been used for about four weeks. Previously it had not been used for several months but started quickly with a jumplead.

No he didn't charge, it was not a case of it not turning over and just not starting , it was dead, radio , lights worked but didn't recognise key code,nissan dealer told me to have it towed there, tank god I didnt, can you imagine what they would have charged!

No he didn't charge, it was not a case of it not turning over and just not starting , it was dead, radio , lights worked but didn't recognise key code,nissan dealer told me to have it towed there, tank god I didnt, can you imagine what they would have charged!

So how did you know where to get it towed to if it was not a Nissan dealer?

Do you have any idea what they did?

Or can you find out?

Tony cleaning wood stove in France last month. Installed it two years ago!

The breakdown driver phoned a local garage he knew had a visiting guy that Re set key codes, he said bring it in. Didn't need this guy as manager did it, but when I picked it up he was not there to ask, and, as I said. He wouldn't tell the rest of mechanics. I had it services and mot'd while there ( as it was booked in another garage for this when it broke down) and they were very reasonable so will use them again.

The breakdown driver phoned a local garage he knew had a visiting guy that Re set key codes, he said bring it in. Didn't need this guy as manager did it, but when I picked it up he was not there to ask, and, as I said. He wouldn't tell the rest of mechanics. I had it services and mot'd while there ( as it was booked in another garage for this when it broke down) and they were very reasonable so will use them again.
:)
Ps we have same wood stove as you in our place in Bulgaria! But ours needs cleaning! Lol

Sponsored Links
Back