No channells on my TV freeview.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!!

I leave in a block of flats in London. Suddenly I lost my tv digital signal completely. I have a Toshiba TV with Freeview buit in. When I turn the tv on a message saying to scan for your channels comes along. I have tried to do so, by it scans all the way up to 100% and no channels are found. What would be the problem?? I asked the neighbours and no one is having the problem, I plugged the tv in another room and it did work. So all what I can think about is that there might be something wrong with the wall socket??? However, My block of flat is only 2 years old so really the sockets shouldnt be faulty!!! What do I do!!! Help!! Ahh, I also have tried another anthena to the wall and still did not work. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It would seem there is a fault with aerial socket. Age does not really matter likely with a flat it comes from some communal aerial and some work may have been done which has by accident ended up with your aerial feed being disconnected.

I lost my aerial when new landers were fitted and since in the main I use satellite I did not replace it. However there are one or two programs free with freeview which are encrypted with free to air (satellite) so I placed an old loop aerial on my windowsill. To my surprise this works well.

The method was to first plug into my father-in-laws house to allow the TV to tune in then return to my house and select channel then select signal strength on TV and slowly play with aerial until best signal is found then try not catching it with curtains.

Sure there are better ways but worked for me. I only watch Yesterday on freeview.

I leave in a block of flats in London.
What do you leave there?

The most common failure item is the "fly-lead" that connects the TV aerial socket to the wall socket. It frequently gets damaged by animals chewing it or by humans tripping over it.

I leave in a block of flats in London.
What do you leave there?
lol

Seriously though, selmagomes, Sam has a good point about fly leads. They're often the weak link in the chain: poor quality, thin, and with inadequate shielding. Cheap/free pre-made leads; they are more susceptible to picking up interference from the power supplies and electronics partly because of the poor shielding and partly because the fly lead is so close to the electronics. I'm not saying that this is cause of your problems. But changing to something better won't hurt either.

Sponsored Links
1. If he's so close to a 4G transmitter that it wipes out ALL the freeview multiplexes, it's going to be a health hazard. I'd move!
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/problem_with_4G.htm

2. If he's within interference range he should have received an offer of a free filter.

3. Good idea to buy a filter from an on-line book shop.
Just one step up from buying it from a dentist. ;)

1. If he's so close to a 4G transmitter that it wipes out ALL the freeview multiplexes, it's going to be a health hazard. I'd move!
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/problem_with_4G.htm

2. If he's within interference range he should have received an offer of a free filter.

3. Good idea to buy a filter from an on-line book shop.
Just one step up from buying it from a dentist. ;)

c'mon then, tell us all about your shop then :D
I haven't tried, but I bet you should find dentures on Amazon too
(where have you been the last 10 odd years?) ;) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back