No hot water from electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a creda 650 electric shower. It has worked fine for two years but as of yesterday there is no hot water, just stone cold on any power or temperature setting. I've checked the head and it's not that. I'm unsure as to whether it's the thermal cut out or pressure or something else. If its the pressure I don't know how to check it. I also have another electric shower that works perfectly so am unsure if pressure is the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You would expect the thermal cutout to operate if the water is too hot, so I would be firstly looking at water pressure and blockages, then the pressure switch, then the heating element.
If the shower is still under warranty, then I would be calling them out.

Thanks for the reply. It isn't under warrant any more unfortunately. So, how do I check the pressure? Thanks

To check the water pressure correctly, you would require water pressure gauge. This can be attached to the rising main to check incoming supply is appropriate and at inlet pipe at the shower to check water pressure is good a shower.
You will more than likely need to adapt the connections to do this.

Sponsored Links
From the interweb;

Check the thermal cut out for continuity, if open circuit it needs to be replaced.

Check that power is going from the microswitches to the printed circuit board, if not the flow/stabiliser valve needs to be replaced.

If power is going to the pcb then it is likely to be the pcb at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back