No hot water (heating working) - vaillant eco tec plus 824

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Everything was working fine this morning before I left to work but tonight I don't have any hot water.

The heating is working fine and the boiler recognises when I open the hot tap. It seems to be warming the water for the tap, but the water doesn't warm up at all. Not even a little.

I think that the pressure is on the low side, but not too much (I'll check the paperwork).

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
your boiler pressure guage should read between 1 and 1.5 Bar when cold dont worry if it rises a little bit when hot

See if the thick pipe on the left hand side under the boiler is getting very hot when you run a tap, you might have to switch off the heating for a little while to let every thing cool down before you try,

also press the "I" button when you open a tap and tell us what it says (should be an "S" followed by a number.)

Hi,

The heating is usually off at night and this morning the hot water came back (but not as responsive (quickly) as it should.

I am now at work and will check it this evening. I will write what I can see after pressing the "i" button whilst running hot water.

For the time being, see below the two pictures I took yesterday:

Many thanks for your kind help!

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if it could be a sticking diverter valve.

I have written a guide to diagnosing them in the FAQ on this site.

Tony

Do you always run your hot water temperature so low?

It's more usual to run it at around 55-60C which is around 2pm on my 824's dial. Maybe worth turning it up a bit?

Many people with young children or old people in the house find it safer to use the water at about 44° C.

I do myself too so that I can shower directly without adding any cold water.

Tony

Hi,

The hot water came without me doing anything really. I put the pressure up though, but was after it came back.

It went off earlier this week and came back.

But now the heating stopped working. I can tell that the boiler is working fine. I can hear its noice and the pipe coming from the boiler is hot.
But only the top of the pipe is hot. It is cold from the separation, where the electric cable are (I hope it makes sense from the pic). It is the pipe on the left hand side.

Any idea?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back